The Internship is the position of a student or trainee who works in an organization, sometimes without pay in order to get work experience or fulfill requirements for a Education. In short terms, an internship is a job that the student takes up while studying in the college. Internships are typically part-time if offered during a university semester and full-time if provided during the vacation periods. It might be either unpaid or paid but the motive of the student is to increase experience of the corporate company before actually setting foot in it. An internship is an opportunity offered by an employer to potential employees, called interns, to work at a firm for a fixed period of time. Interns are usually undergraduates or students, and most internships last between a month and three months. An internship should give you practical skills, experience and knowledge of an any industry. With the emphasis firmly on training, internships give students real-life experience of the workplace and field they hope to break into. This not only helps them
gain critical work skills and decide if the career they are experiencing is right for them, it also enables them to make precious work associates and an important stepping stone to securing a job. They are naturally undertaken by students and graduates looking to grow relevant skills and experience in a particular area. The Employers benefit from these placements since they often recruit employees from their best interns who have capabilities and thus saving time and money. In general an internship consists of exchange of services for experience between the intern and the Employee of the organization. In addition an internship can be used to build a professional network that can lead to future employment opportunities. Internships provide current college students with the ability to participate in a field of their choice to receive particle learning about a particular future career and preparing them for work following graduation.
In the employer’s perspective the companies hire interns round the year, but can be decide best time for to do an internship depending on duration wish to intern. The student can intern for several months or a year. But it all depends on preferences. Doing an unpaid internship for a period of more than three months might not seem like a good option. While some may continue on for even a period of six months. There are some who intern round the year and do it mostly through work from home internships.
This can be useful for students because it can actually help you to expand and proof skills in project and problem solving with client handling management. Still if the internship is only brief, it can still equip you with a range of transferable skills and help you network and build valuable connections in the industry. Employers often use internships as an effective way of advertising their graduate schemes to students. Surveys indicate that almost half of all graduate employers hire at least 25% of their ex-interns for training schemes. In many cases one of the best and most accessible ways of gaining this experience is through an internship. It’s worth noting you may also gain valuable insights and experience through an externship, which involves shadowing a professional for a certain period of time. There are a lot of reasons as to why a student must do an internship.
- Work Experience: Almost every most major organization now a days is looking for profile with experience. Even if a fresh out of college graduate, Company expect some kind of experience in the relevant area for which you are looking. And the only way to get a good professional experience while still pursuing college is by the medium of internships.
- Practical Exposures Many of things that study in the classrooms are all theoretical knowledge. But no ways to test those theories in real life practical situations. Internships on the other hand give students a chance to test their classroom knowledge and learn its practical application in real life situations.
- Career Goals Many students are unclear of their career goals while pursuing college. The subject they are studying might open different career paths making them unsure of which one to pursue. Internships give them a chance to try working in both the jobs and determine which works better for them.
- Networking The offered organization provides with a wonderful opportunity to expand your network and connect with professionals in respective field of interest. Developing good relations with the colleagues can get mentor and even land the first job after college.
- Credit: University/College has made it mandatory for students enrolled with them to complete at a minimum of one or two internships as a part of their academic curriculum.
How can you find yourself a good internship? Someone where usually happens to know a person in some organization where you could. Also having an inside contact in any organization increases you chances of getting hired but that would be a waste unless you are able to gain something from that opportunity. Another method is that there are many listing website online that allow students to scour through hundreds and thousands of internship openings in various organization. You could easily sign up stufeme get yourself an internship of your choice. The Stufeme provides the complete worldwide Internship opportunity to and recent graduates to gain direct practical experience with Stufeme’s work. When a Stufeme office identifies the need for an intern to support their team, they publish the opportunity, and all eligible candidates can submit their application through Stufeme.